Launch of prize-winning book
‘A Fresh Look at Islam in a Multi-faith World: a philosophy for success through education’ was launched at the UCL Institute of Education on 2 June 2015. Leading academics explained why this book is so timely and ground-breaking.
The full 1 hour 49 minute video of the event can be watched below and if you wish read the full transcript of the proceedings.
Alternatively the video can be watched in segments, by clicking the names of the speakers below. Each segment has its own short transcript extracted from the full transcript:
- Professor Michael Reiss, Professor of Science Education, Curriculum, Pedagogy & Assessment, UCL Institute of Education. Transcript Michael Reiss.
- Professor Alan Norrie, Head of School of Law, University of Warwick. Transcript Alan Norrie.
- Mervyn Hartwig, Editor, Journal of Critical Realism. Transcript Mervyn Hartwig.
- Professor Priscilla Alderson, Professor Emerita of Childhood Studies, UCL Institute of Education. Transcript Priscilla Alderson.
- Dr. Matthew Wilkinson, Visiting Research Fellow, UCL Institute of Education. Transcript Matthew Wilkinson.
- Rabbi Nissan Wilson, Senior Rabbi, Redbridge United Synagogue. Transcript Nissan Wilson.
- Dr. Paddy Walsh, Deputy Director, Centre for Research & Development in Catholic Education, UCL Institute of Education. Transcript Paddy Walsh.
Book Launch at Institute of Education: A Fresh Look at Islam in a Multi-Faith World from Curriculum for Cohesion on Vimeo.